2016-08-21 Mapbender at FOSS4G OSGeo Code Sprint
FOSS4G OSGeo Code Sprint
- Sun 2016-08-21 12:00 noon - Tue 2016-08-23 (open end)
- Sat 2016-08-27 - Sun 2016-08-28 12:00 noon
- Location: Basecamp, Bonn
- Participants: more than 120 registered Attendees
- Read more about the Code Sprint at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint
- Join us via IRC
This year, once again, we are following the old tradition of hosting a codesprint on the FOSS4G. This year the annual OSGeo Code Sprint was held in Bonn under the FOSS4G 2016. In BaseCamp met more than 10 Mapbender3 developer to work on the bug fix version 18.104.22.168. Together many bugs were fixed and the next release prepared. Topics were the modularization of the elements, to simplify updates (repository for each Element), testing and documentation.
- Axel Schaefer
- Andriy Oblivantsev
- Andreas Schmitz
- Thekla Wirkus
- Gero Wahren
- Jochen Schultz
- Charlotte Toma
- Astrid Emde
What we did
The Focus was this time on fixing Bugs to get Mapbender3 22.214.171.124 on the way. We enjoyed the great atmosphere at Basecamp to work on mapbender3 indoor and outdoor.
We worked on the following topics
- modularization of the elements, to simplify updates (repository for each Element)
Mapbender3 Version 126.96.36.199 will come out soon.
Here you find the important links for the code sprint.
- OSGeo Code Sprint: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint
- FOSS4G Conference http://2016.foss4g.org
- Video recordings
- Video FOSS4G Mapbender3 presentation: http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/FOSS4G-2016/foss4g-2016-1047-provide_applications_with_geoportal_framework_mapbender3-hd.webm
- Reference of all FOSS4G Videos http://video.foss4g.org/foss4g2016/videos/index.html
Impression from FOSS4G Code Sprint and FOSS4G Conference